1. What is something that you have achieved that you’re really proud of and why?
Taking out the title of Women’s Pipe Band World Solo Drumming Champion three times (in Scotland)
2. What is one place you really want to visit and why?
I would love to go to Alaska at some stage for the stunning scenery.
3. If you had a million dollars to spend what would you do with it?
Sounds boring, but I would probably invest most of it, so we can live more comfortably. However, would definitely buy a couple of toys first (Mustang Shelby GT & Triumph Rocket GT Motorbike)!
4. If you had one super power what would it be?
Just like Angelina Jolie in the film Wanted, I’ve always wanted to shoot bullets round corners!
5. Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
It would have to be my drumming instructor in Scotland. Took me from being an average drummer to being an excellent drummer and taught me that hard work and discipline always pays off (with a lot of fun thrown in!).
6. Do you have any pet peeves?
Being late for an occasion.
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Wanted to be a hairdresser, but it interfered with my pipe band competitions on the weekend, so needed to get a Monday to Friday job!
8. What’s the best part of living here in Martinborough/South Wairarapa?
Absolutely love the community spirit in Martinborough. We have also made some fantastic friends here and the events are never ending!
9. If you could change one thing about Martinborough/South Wairarapa – what would it be?
Wouldn’t change anything for the world! As soon as I visited Martinborough, I was hooked (like most people!) and I feel very lucky to have our home here.