1. What is something that you have achieved that you’re really proud of and why?
Becoming New Zealand’s first female head gin distiller
2. What is one place you really want to visit and why?
Mexico ‘Hola’ - I’d love to learn how to make tequila
3. If you had a million dollars to spend what would you do with it?
Travel the world tasting and learning about all the different gins and botanicals
4. If you had one super power what would it be?
This is a hard one.....I think it would be to fly
5. Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
My parents. They were always very supportive and proud of everything I did. I wish they were still here to share this with them, they would be so thrilled with me making gin especially after growing up at the Top Pub in Greytown.
6. Do you have any pet peeves?
When people pronounce nothing ‘nothink’ and eating with your mouth open
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A butcher until I was about 12 or 13 then I had no idea
8. What’s the best part of living here in Martinborough/South Wairarapa?
All the amazing producers, plus we have a great selection of bars and restaurants. We are really spoilt for choice.
9. If you could change one thing about Martinborough/South Wairarapa – what would it be?
I don’t think I would change anything, it’s a really wonderful part of the country to live in.
For more information go to this link Lighthouse Gin