1. What is something that you have achieved that you’re really proud of?
Quitting my corporate life in the city, downsizing and moving to Martinborough with my wee family.... best place ever to raise kids! Then starting our business the Cartel Food Co. I haven’t worked for anyone else for 4 years.
2. What is one place you really want to visit and why?
Vietnam.... the food the culture. Hopefully going there next year with my Dad on a Father, Daughter jaunt.
3. If you had a million dollars to spend what would you do with it?
Put it into our business.... as start ups inhale cash.... but with a million bucks. I think there would be some wiggle room for few luxuries..... bigger nicer house maybe.
4. If you had one super power what would it be?
Predict the future.... would make it a heck of a lot easier to make business decisions.
5. Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
Jason’s (El Jefe/Boss/business partner) Grandmother..... spoke 5 languages, married in her late 50’s, a blue stocking (one of the first women in Wellington to get a degree).... a big deal in the 40’s..... just a really educated, strong engaging woman who cared deeply for those she loved. Died at 85 still drinking a stiff sherry, smokin and living on her own with all of her literature.
6. Do you have any pet peeves?
Making excuses for why you can’t do something.... get on with making it happen. Life’s no dress rehearsal.
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
8. What’s the best part of living here in Martinborough/South Wairarapa?
The people, the weather, access to great food and wine.... just an easy beautiful place to live.
9. If you could change one thing about Martinborough/South Wairarapa – what would it be?
Better public transport to the city in weekends.
To find out more about Cartel Food Co. Click here!