1. What is something that you have achieved that you’re really proud of?
Mastering the art of cured meats.
2. What is one place you really want to visit and why?
Vietnam. To discover a new culture and eat wonderful food.
3. If you had a million dollars to spend what would you do with it?
Have a holiday, buy more kitchen toys, like a fully automatic slicer! Pay off my mortgage, donate to my fave charities. Put on a big party with local and Italian food and wine for friends.
4. If you had one super power what would it be?
5. Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
My Mother - she taught me that girls can do anything!
6. Do you have any pet peeves?
Customers who tell me chicken fettuccine in cream sauce is what I should have on my menu to be an authentic Italian restaurant.
7. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A chef or a teacher, and I am both!
8. What’s the best part of living here in Martinborough/South Wairarapa?
Hard to choose as there are so many good things, but first the people, then the landscape, the bountiful produce, being part of Wellington's food bowl, the weather.
9. If you could change one thing about Martinborough/South Wairarapa – what would it be?
Having clean waterways to swim win and enjoy.