Sleeps 10 in a private vineyard setting but only 2km from the Martinborough Village. You have the property to your selves. Not shared with any others. Incorporates 3 bathrooms, 4 separate rooms with Super King Beds, very private and very well appointed. This is the heart of the wine growing area and you are surrounded by top vineyards most a stroll away. A very good 18 hole golf course is 1km along the road. Top restaurants close by and some offer free pick up and drop off.
When you book Todd's Cottage you get the entire property to yourself. With three separate accommodations your privacy is assured. Surrounded by its own vineyard the property is also surrounded by other large vineyards so it is very private.
A very well equipped kitchen ensures the utensil you need for the masterpiece you are about to prepare is there waiting. Copious glasses (especially wine) are provided as are serving dishes and crockery. Continental breakfast is provided along with milk, bread, fruit, and condiments such as butter and spreads. In the lounge there is a leather lounge suite and a lazy-boy for the head of the house... In winter the wood burner provides lovely warmth so you can cuddle up and watch the 55" 1080 HI Def TV and your favorite sports event or news channel.
Outside you will find the Jumbuck BBQ grill big enough to cook more sausages than 10 people can eat it can even accommodate steaks, chops and other yummies.. Once cooked there is a large outdoor table setting to accommodate 10 people. Todd's Cottage is very picturesque with lots of photo opportunities. The gardens are lovely to stroll around with a glass of good wine in hand. Depending on how many you book for you will get access to the entire property. For small groups we do not provide access to every unit but you have the entire property all to your self. No sharing with strangers.
We are in the heart of the appellation (wine growing area) and surrounded by large vineyards. However you can stroll to major vineyards and olive groves for tastings and meals are available at some of the vineyards close by. The village is about 2kms away and is populated by restaurants and bars and shops. There is also a supermarket. A top 18 hole golf course is less than 1km away.
* Luna Estate is good for lunches and is only 300 meters away.
* Poppies is also very good for platter lunches (top class) and that is only 800 meters away.
* Tirohana Estate has a very classy restaurant for dinners. Host Toby is very obliging to Todd's Cottage guests and will come and pick you up and drop you off later.
* You can hire bicycles just along the road from Todd's Cottage and from Green Cycles which is at the entrance to the village.
*Trips to Cape Palliser to the light house are fun.
*Visit Lake Ferry Hotel and try their lovely Whitebait fritters and chips.
* Be sure to see the bulldozers at Ngawi fishing village. Lined up for over 1km they are unique. Each one has a name and is well worth a photo.
* Greytown is not far away and is full of lovely restaurants and nicky nacky stores especially antiques.
* Just past Masterton is Mt Bruce Wildlife reserve which is good for a lovely lunch and at least 2 hours to wander the grounds among the different birds,fish, animals etc. kids and (older) kids love it.