Building Self Esteem, Inspiring Inner Confidence
Rebecca's artistic background is what sets her apart in this field, coming from a strong creative base she graduated from Massey University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (Hons) in 2014 with first class Honours. Creatively Rebecca has the aesthetic which truly shines in this industry where a high level skill is essential - for an excellent quality service, look no further.
What is micropigmentation?
Services Rebecca offers include camouflage of surgical or burn scars, vitiligo, alopecia, hair transplant surgical scars, scalp micropigmentation and nipple tattooing (men and women). Then there is cosmetic tattooing - eyebrow and lip enhancements plus collagen needling to improve skin moisture.
Cosmetic enhancement, Brows.
- Powdered Eyebrows - gives a solid base colour or a 'filled in' look, suited to all skin types, a colour from a large range is chosen and the desired shape agreed for the individual, great for those with sparse hair cover, lasts approximately 2-4 years. Can be refreshed yearly if desired.
- Featherstroke Eyebrow - these are fine hair strokes tattooed into the brow space, a desired shape is agreed and colour are selected, lasts approximately 12-24 months. Great for men also especially if they have received burns or scarring to the brows.
- Ombre - the effect is a 'misty' powdered brow with the tails of the brow darker fading into the beginning of the brow to give the perfect ombre makeup affect.
- Hybrid brow - a combination of the powdered and feather stroke techniques.
PARAMEDICAL TATTOOING PROCEDURES
- Scar camouflage - Micropigmentation helps blend and camouflage scars received from injury, sun damage or surgery on the body, hands, face, arms and legs. Small amounts of coloured pigment, carefully selected to match the individuals skin tone, are inserted into the scarred area to camouflage and soften the appearance of scarring.
- Vitiligo camouflage - Micropigmentation can also help with those affected by vitiligo to re-colour areas of skin affected by loss of pigment
- Burn camouflage - where skin has been burned and damaged or grafted - micropigmentation can help reduced the appearance of the scarring by regimenting areas with skin tone colours matched specifically to that individual. Collagen needling with collagen serum can also soften the appearance of the scarring.
HAIR & SCALP or SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation)
When hair has been lost due to surgical scarring, hair transplant scarring, alopecia, burns, lichen planus, illness, trauma, aging or hereditary causes micropigmentation is used to give the appearance of hair follicles by tattooing thousands of tiny 'dots' that perfectly match and mimic the size and appearance of an actual hair follicle. In the case of men shaving, a NO:1 or the 'razor look' can be achieved. SMP is also used to create the appearance of hair by tattooing longer hair strokes on the head. This can be very effective for men or women who live with alopecia. 'Dots' can also be tattooed onto the scalp to create a darker hue on the scalp to conceal bald patches of alopecia aerate With SMP - Rebecca uses permanent pigment - guaranteed by Ecuri to last anywhere from 8-10 years or longer.
COSMETIC BODY ART TATTOOING
This is a complete sideline to what Rebecca does - not the primary focus of her work but she does offer semi-permanent body art tattoos - simple line drawings - tattoos that can last anywhere from 1-5 years. Great if you don't necessarily want it to last forever. This particular tattoo (pictured below) was created using semi-permanent pigment.
COSMETIC ENHANCEMENTS - EYES
COSMETIC ENHANCEMENTS - LIPS
COSMETIC ENHANCEMENTS - Beauty Spot
Freckles can also be tattooed, commonly on the nose and across the cheekbones.
COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT - NEEDLING
Burns - needling collagen into scarred or burned skin can help smooth the skin prior to pigment being placed in it for camouflage, it can also smooth rough and raised edges of burned or grafted skin.
MICROPIGMENTATION, WHAT WE'VE LEARNED
Meeting Rebecca, delving deeper into the world of micropigmentation and cosmetic tattooing has been a revelation to us. We've tried out some of the treatments and can confirm the quality of these delicate enhancing procedures, we couldn't be happier with the outcome and yes it is truly life changing.
If you have ever struggled with "too fine" brows, hair loss or needed specialist tattooing post surgery or from the scarring of burns, it's heartening to know a truly quality service exists right here in our region. Rebecca has invested in top quality equipment, she describes her tattoo machine (sourced from the Netherlands) as the "Ferrari" of tattoo machines. Rebecca will provide you with a full consultation pre-treatment to determine your individual needs plus follow up/maintenance programme.
Call her today for more information or to book a consultation on 027 2927362.
Trish Higginson & Karina Hailwood
Creative Directors Martinborough Village
"Let us show you the magic of our region"
enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright MV 2017